Value & Duration: $48,000 / year for a maximum of two years
• There are two types of funding for the fellowships: One is fully-funded, where Arts & Science contributes the full stipend ($48k) and benefits. The other is match-funded, where supervisors and/or units contribute half the stipend ($24k) and benefits, the second half of which is matched by Arts & Science.
• Supervisors and units can top-up the stipend (and associated benefits) at their discretion. Please note that Arts & Science will not match top-up funding.
• The focus of the program is to attract recently awarded PhD graduates to the U of T for advanced training, although outstanding current U of T PhD graduates and postdocs are welcome to apply.
• Canadians and permanent residents are strongly encouraged to also apply for the appropriate tri-council (CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC) postdoctoral awards. If an applicant receives both an Arts & Science fellowship and a tri-council fellowship, we will top up their tri-council award by $8,000 for each year they hold the award.
• Successful applicants will be determined by a committee organized by the Vice-Dean Research & Infrastructure.
The Arts & Science Postdoctoral Fellowships are designed to provide outstanding recent doctoral students advanced training in their field of study. These fellowships are not discipline specific, but rather can be held in any department or research unit across the Faculty of Arts & Science (A&S) at the University of Toronto. Applicants must secure sponsorship of a supervisor, or supervisors, from the professoriate within the Faculty of A&S (St. George Campus).
For a complete program overview, as well as the relevant application forms, please visit the program website, here.
Departmental Deadline: November 15, 2019