The J. Norman Emerson Fund
A fund has been created by the Department of Anthropology for the purpose of the curation, preservation and exhibition of the Ontario archaeological collections housed at the University of Toronto, including those displayed in this exhibit. This new fund is entitled the J. Norman Emerson Fund, as Dr. Emerson lead the U of T program in Ontario archaeology from 1946 to 1976 and excavated many of the sites whose collections are curated here. The complete collections consist of the artifacts from approximately 39 significant archaeological sites in Ontario, excavated between 1939 and 1975 by the students and faculty of the Department of Anthropology. The collections are composed of approximately 1 million artifacts that have been curated and researched within the context of the university since their excavation. This fund will ensure that the archaeological collections held at the university will continue to inform and inspire Ontario residents, both scholar and layperson. A charitable receipt for income tax purposes will be issued. Please direct donations to: Department of Alumni and Development, 21 King's College Circle, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3J3. Please indicate "J.N. Emerson Fund" on cheque. To obtain a printable web-based version of the donation form, left mouse click here.